House District 79 (Richmond)
- Virginia is one of only 9 states in the country that deny state public sector employees their right to bargain collectively. If elected, will you vote yes on legislation granting all public sector workers, including graduate student workers, in Virginia collective bargaining rights?
- How will you work to ensure that every public employee has full and fair collective bargaining rights?
I would Patron any and all legislation for Full Public Employee Collective Bargaining Rights.
- UCW-VA believes all education, including early childhood education (birth-5), is a right and a public good. UCW-VA believes that childcare and early education centers should be publicly funded and run and offer high-quality care and education and good jobs for employees, including living wages, healthcare, and a retirement plan. Will you champion free, universal access to high-quality, public education for all Virginians?
- How will you work to ensure access to free, high-quality early childhood education in publicly-funded, publicly-run centers that offer employees living wages and good benefits?
I will Emphatically Support publicly funded early childhood centers with living wages and Full Health Benefits.
- Do you support passing legislation to raise employment standards for all public sector employees, including a minimum wage of at least $20 an hour or $40,760 annually, access to quality health insurance, paid sick leave, and a livable retirement plan?
- How will you raise employment standards for all public sector employees in Virginia?
I would support Re legislation Repealing Right to Work Legislation and ensure that ALL Virginians have the Right to Fair, Equitable, and Inclusive work environment.
- In Colorado, Michigan, Nebraska, and Nevada higher education board members are selected by popular vote, as in K-12 governance. Given that higher education in Virginia has been largely deregulated over the last few decades, what measures would you take to give Virginians more control over their public institutions of higher education?
Education System in VA has to be REVAMPED!! The current system has been Politicized by the current governor and AG. I will support less government interference and control over local decisions for educating our children.
- What else would you like our members to know about your commitment to workers’ rights and public education?
I was impacted by VA’s Right to Work/At Will state employment policy; which I will be “Intentional” in changing this practice in VA.